- 4 (5 oz. each) Ray fish fillets
- Wegman’s Basting Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat grill on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Clean grill with wire brush. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil.
- Season both sides of fish with salt and pepper. Drizzle lightly with basting oil and use hand to rub oil over each side of the fish. (Too much oil will cause flare-ups on grill).
- Sear fish, basted side down, until color has changed ¼ ways up from the bottom. Turn and brush seared side with basting oil. Sear other side.
- Turn again and brush with basting oil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM; close grill lid. Grill fish 1-inch thick or less 4-5 minutes per side on MEDIUM. Grill fish thicker than 1-inch 6-7 minutes per side on LOW.
- Fish should be safely enjoyed at an internal temperature of 140 degrees (12-15 minutes). Check by inserting digital thermometer tip halfway into the thickest part of the fish. Remove from grill at 130 degrees; place on serving platter. Ray may be enjoyed at an internal temperature of 125 degrees, and should be removed from the grill at 115 degrees and allowed to rest on platter.
Wegman’s Chefs Tip: Seafood grills quickly, so check often to avoid overcooking!