Ray Mexican Sushi Roll
- 8 oz. ray fillet
- Cilantro leaves
- Queso Fresco, Julienned
- 1 Lime
- Tobasco Sauce
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Wegman’s Basting Oil
- Flour Tortillas
- Olive Oil (enough to cover the bottom of the skillet)
- Let ray fillet marinate in basting oil for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet until it faintly begins to smoke.
- Pat off excess basting oil from fillet and coat in cracked black pepper.
- Place fillet in pan and cook to a medium rare to medium temperature,
- about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove fillet from heat, let meat rest. Top with lime juice and salt. Cut meat thin and cut across the grain on a bias.
- Heat a flour tortilla on skillet, about a minute a side. Lay 2 oz. of ray slices, 2 juliennes of Queso Fresco, a few cilantro leaves, and a few drops of tobasco. Roll the tortilla very tightly and cut into five segments.