Tomato Angel Hair Pasta With Tomato Concasse, Butter, Fresh Basil, Garlic And Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
- 6 ounces Whole butter, lightly salted or unsalted
- 1 Fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 8 Large fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Fresh garlic, minced
- 8 ounces Fresh tomato angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons Fresh parsley
- 8 ounces Fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
This dish must be served as soon as it has been prepared. It doesn’t wait!
Keep a boiling pot of water with strainer ready as you begin the sauce preparation. Add butter to sauté pan with garlic and basil leaves. Slightly brown the garlic as the basil leaves wilt. Add the tomato concasse (with natural juice) and bring to a boil. At this point, place the tomato angel hair in strainer, then into the boiling water. Add chopped parsley and crabmeat to the tomato concasse mixture. Heat the crabmeat thoroughly in the sauce, but do not shred the lumps of the crabmeat with over mixing. Fresh tomato angel hair pasta will require 90 seconds in the boiling water to cook. Remove and shake excess water from pasta.
To assemble: Place pasta in bowl and pour sauce with crabmeat over the pasta. Garnish with fresh sprig of basil and serve at once.
* Nutritional information based on 2 servings.
Yield/Servings: Serves 2-3
Total Calories: 852
Calories from Protein: 12
Calories from Carbohydrates: 12
Calories from Fat: 74
Calories from Saturated Fat: 45
Chef Monroe Duncan , Norfolk